8 Fabulous Reasons You Should Be Using SYLK
1. First and foremost SYLK Personal Lubricant can make your sex life better! Simply by applying it tells your body…“We are about to have a seriously good time”. Some women find putting lubrication on their partner or their partner putting it on them can intensify their sexual experience, It’s also a great way to make foreplay more creative and pleasurable, which can also make the fun last much, much longer.
2. Want to go ‘a la Naturel’ – Lubri-Can! If you’re anything like me and prefer not to use synthetic chemicals on such a sensitive area— Avoid harsh (harsh ladies…harsh) ingredients like parabens, petroleum phenoxyethanol, and propylene glycol. These icky ingredients are commonly found in other brands of lubricants, and have been linked to hormone disruption, and as if that’s not bad enough, they also have other undesirable toxic effects and they just don’t feel very good when you use them. — (what crazy person thought it was a good idea to use propylene glycol in personal lube, it’s used in break fluid for goodness sake…we are not cars!) SYLK Personal Lubricant is gentle, water based and has nothing-nasty hiding in it; enjoy slippery, smooth and safe SYLK.
3. Vaginal Dryness – Whether it’s around certain times of the month or from contraception, other medication, anxiety, a lack of sleep, dehydration, or menopausal reasons, it’s vital that we try to prevent painful sex. As we get older, women can experience vaginal dryness. Although sex may be the first thing that springs to mind when you think of personal lubricants, they are useful for more than just sex. Many women use lube to help ease the discomfort that comes from vaginal dryness. Vaginal dryness can really occur at any time throughout a women’s life, but it often becomes more of a problem during the peri-menopause /menopause stages. It’s perfectly natural for women experience hormonal changes and if this sounds familiar? SYLK water based Personal Lubricant can help to nourish and relieve dryness, and for everyone else, a little extra juice never hurt. We’re bringing sexy back!
4. Sensitive skin? SYLK is a great choice if you…have sensitive skin. It’s not much fun having your sex life interrupted by irritation or some weird reaction from your personal lubricant. Some women find that lubricants containing parabens can encourage UTI’s (Urinary Tract Infection) and upset the delicate pH levels of the vagina. While many lubricants advertise their status as “Natural” most mainstream lubricants contain nasty chemicals, (see # 3) which can cause inflammation and upset your beneficial microbes, which can in turn make us more prone to harmful organisms.
5. Are you in a bedroom rut? Sometimes hectic schedules and busy family life can interfere with our sexual relationship; sex can often become boring, predictable or even a chore. Want to spice things up, or try something new? You may enjoy using SYLK Personal Lubricant with sex toys? Reaching for that extra help from a vibrator or other sex toy can be a fun addition if you’re ready to turn up the heat! SYLK is the perfect partner for all silicone and rubber based toys.
6. “I’ll have what’s she’s having” Sometimes women can find it hard to orgasm. If you’ve ever had trouble orgasming no matter how loving and giving your partner is, SYLK is here to help! Given that SYLK is water based, it moves and feels like your own lubrication and will heighten sensations, which will in turn open all kinds of doors to orgasming (solo) or with your partner and reignites passion. SYLK plant based personal lube offers you almost no cleanup and really no mess. It has no smell or taste and no weird residue.
7. Use SYLK when inserting your Menstrual Cup (Moon Cup) – If you’ve never used a personal lubricant for sex (and even if you have), you may want to try SYLK with your menstrual cup. It’s very important to use the right kind of lube, this makes it easier to insert the cup. A lubed-up menstrual cup means you don’t need to worry that the rubber or silicone material will rub or irritate you, creating an uncomfortable or painful experience. Of course, if you already have SYLK personal lube on hand for your menstrual cup routine, you can always bring it into the bedroom! Remember…not all lubricants are created equal when it comes to using them with your menstrual cup. Only use water-based lubricants with your favourite moon cup. Don’t use silicone or oil-based lubes, because they interact with the soft silicone or rubber of your menstrual cup and actually break it down. In other words, silicone lube + menstrual cup = time to buy a new menstrual cup.
8. Versatility – SYLK personal lube is absolutely perfect for your all your intimate needs! No matter who you are or what you’re using it for, SYLK is a sensual personal lubricant for all needs. The bottle is small and discreet and fits easily into your handbag or amongst your standard array of health and beauty products. Plus the snap lock top makes it easy to travel and store, without the fear of leaking! Remember, a little goes quite a long way! SYLK is back and here to stay!
Liza – Naturopath